Monday, January 31, 2011

Surrounded ...


The days were passing quickly although not without leaving marks on my soul. Job stress, strained relationships and health concerns were taking a toll on my peace of mind. Even in these moments of inspiration I found myself traveling again because of yet another crisis. When would the calm return to my life I wondered.

The days had been icy cold and overcast, matching the mood brewing in my mind. I was not excited about the need to be on the road again, but at least the sun shone through the windshield and warmed my face. Grasping for something good, I turned the corner in my mind and determined to thank the Lord for the refreshing warmth.

Before long I reached my favorite spot along this route which was becoming more and more familiar to me. It was especially enchanting when I did not have to drive through this stretch of road but instead could peer out the window, drinking in the natural beauty. But today, I would have to settle for little snatches of eye ecstasy.

I was feeling weary worn and restless, begging for relief, yet as the hills began to grow all around me, I marveled at their majesty. They were strong, sturdy and massive. In days past I would have feel tiny and perhaps vulnerable in comparison to these. Yet today, I suddenly felt hugged, as though God were wrapping me in a fortress. The mental and emotional release was exhilarating as I recalled His promise...

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people both now and forevermore. Psalm 125:2 NIV

No longer was I facing the heaviness that weighed in my mind on my own. I was no longer alone. The burdens of this life had not diminished but in that moment of realization, I was encouraged. God, who created these awesome ripples across the land, so gently reminded me that His protection surrounds me. I would not be swallowed up or overcome by it all.

What about you … what challenges has life put before you? Where do you go for help? Are you hiding God’s Word in your heart so that His Spirit can remind you of it when you need it most? That’s what happened the day I was driving to yet another of life’s unexpected events. His promptings are available to all who are willing (see John 3:16) …

For God does not show favoritism. Romans 2:11 NIV

Or perhaps life is going well for you, life is good. Do you have more than enough? Are you sharing with others? Did you know that is the very reason you have been blessed with more than you need … to helps others along the way?

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2 NIV

Whether you are struggling to take the next step or bouncing with enthusiasm, God wants to meet you where you are, drawing you into intimacy with Him. I hope you’ll join me there and find the essence of life! I’d love to hear about the moments you share with Him as He takes your breath away! Send me an email sometime!

Many Blessings …
Tanja Dufrene
Women’s Ministries
Highpointe Church OKC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages