Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5 Women of Geneaology - Introduction


I am so excited you have decided to join me for this on-line Bible study! This week I'll provide an introduction and we'll get started in full swing next week!

As a young girl, I was challenged to read the Bible so I could color in the bubbles of a simple reading plan. I must admit, my childlike motive was not spiritual. Yet God in His grace reached out to me making the Words I read come ALIVE! As I read chapter after chapter, hope, pleasure and ideas of how to practice the words began to form in my mind. Life events began to unfold, revealing the validity of what I had read --- it almost seemed like a book of magic to my young little mind! Intrigue began to spark enthusiasm as I entered this journey of reading, pondering, praying, living and experiencing the Word! Since then the passion within me ignited to see you also share in this amazing experience!

This study is designed specifically to encourage reading the Bible with one main thought for personal reflection and application. It is also designed specifically for women who desire to draw closer to God, yet find time limited because of responsibilities.

Feel free to read additional passages, use various translations or refer to commentaries for deeper study. And, please do not forget to consider what you have read, asking the Holy Spirit to show you how to put it into practice – for your good, and His glory!

For this introductory week, simply read Matthew 1 as many times as you'd like, taking it slowly to discover details you may have previously missed! We'll begin our journey into the 5 Women of Geneaology next week!

Many Blessings …
Tanja Dufrene
PS Feel free to share comments regarding new insights you've gained ...

Coffee Break Study – The Five Women of Genealogy © 2011 Tanja Dufrene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages