Tuesday, June 21, 2011

5 Women of Genealogy - Lesson 3






RUTH: Outcast foreigner, yet loyal lover of truth


Life synopsis … Ruth was married a foreigner who came to her
land. When presented with the opportunity to be released from her marital bond,
she chose, no she insisted on continuing to be a part of her new family.

Read this ...

Ruth 1-4


Key verse … But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to
leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I
will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I
will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so
severely, if anything but death separates you and me.”
Ruth 1:16-17 NIV

Let’s
practice …
What promise or bond have you made? Would you choose to continue
if offered the opportunity to be released? How can you honor God with your
choice and inner thoughts?




Coffee Break Study – The Five
Women of Genealogy © 2011 Tanja Dufrene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages